Post-editing is a process of improving a machine translated text. You may think that the text is good enough as it is but you will always be better off to ask a professional post-editor working in the language combination you need whether the text is usable.
With my over 2-years of experience with post-editing, I can help you make the right choice and advise you which services will benefit your business.
I can help you assess the quality of your machine translated text and improve it according to your requirements and needs.
When post-editing, I will:
- discuss with you the level of post-editing you need (from light to full editing, as needed),
- assess and correct the translation so that the output will match the quality you need,
- use a style and tone of voice that is appropriate for your target audience.
Whatever your wishes, I will provide you with a translation and services that you need.
When and why?
Machine translation may be an appealing option if you:
- regularly need a translation of texts in the same language combination(s) (QRD templates being a good example),
- need to translate large volumes of text within a short period of time,
- have a large volume of text where a ‘rough’ translation (e.g., for information only or for internal use only) is sufficient in the first instance, then you can decide which parts need to undergo a further/full-editing process.
Machine translation and post-editing are a tempting solution if you want to save time and money, as they allow you to translate thousands of words in minutes. However, you need to remember that the raw output will need to be post-edited by a professional (i.e., me) in order to make sure that the text runs smoothly and meets your requirements.
Get in touch if you want to find out:
- how machine translation and post-editing work,
- what kind of documents are best suited for MTPE,
- how MT and PE may benefit your projects.
Let’s talk and work out the best option for you. You can contact me here to discuss the possibilities together .
Are you interested in machine translation and/or post-editing services? Feel free to contact me or request a free quote.